Contribute by- Dr. Pooja Chaudhary
Mother is one who can take the place of all the others, but whose place no one else can take!
“Motherhood is a choice you make every day, to put someone else’s happiness and well-being ahead of your own, to teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing even when you’re not sure what the right thing is…and to forgive yourself, over and over again, for doing everything wrong.” How beautifully the role of a mother has been summarised in the words of American writer, Donna Ball.
A mother’s love can be felt everywhere as if it was part of the atmosphere. But while filling the atmosphere with this strong and intoxicating love, mothers often forget themselves. With a hectic routine, making everything available for all, listening to all your stories, catering to all your demands, maintaining a work–home balance; most of the females (and definitely all mothers) simply neglect their own happiness.
Now that Mother’s day is around the corner, it is the time to make our mothers feel special. A perfect time to tell her that you love and value even the small little things she does. So, this time skip the regular flowers and give her something that will be more valuable for her: Gift her being herself. Touch the women inside her. We have listed the ideas in 3 broad categories, helping you decide which part of her you want to touch.
“Mothers have no idea how they will do it. But every single day it is still done“.
Life doesn’t come with a manual, but still, mothers are able to figure out what’s good or bad, easy or difficult. Imagine how difficult and stressful it must be. So, why not give her a break. You can arrange any of these for her:
- Shopping extravaganza: Take her out for shopping, she will definitely enjoy
- Movie: Take her out for a fun or comedy movie, and see her laugh her heart out
- Spa or massage: Make her go for a spa or a relaxing massage, this will distress her and make her feel relaxed
- Rest day/ no work day: Just make her smile, shine and ask her to keep calm
“Mothers are like buttons, they hold everything together”
All of us will agree to this. With her daily routine, she forgets her social commitments and how important they are. So, why not surprise her by making her meet those important people whom she has always gelled with, but is not able to take out time due to her other commitments. Amaze her by arranging a
- Surprise lunch date with her close friends
- Surprise dinner with her parents, brothers or sisters
After this don’t miss the smile and happiness on her face. You would love it!
As she has been too busy to take care of her health, plan something different. Give her the gift of good health. Make her do
- Exercise: All of us are well aware of the benefits of exercise, so why not make her implement it. This time gift her a personal trainer or a yoga instructor or even a membership of neighbourhood aerobics classes. This will help her be healthy, active and happy
- Personalised diet plan: Along with exercise, one should eat healthy. Your mother needs a personalized diet plan according to her age, weight and any medical issues. This can be made with the help of a professional dietician. A dietician can help in deciding what to eat and what not to eat
- Health test: Do you remember the last time your mother had gone for a health check-up? With each passing year, regular health check–ups are very important. So, why not plan a customised health test for your mother. This test must include all the important parameters required according to her age.
I doubt if anyone would disagree that moms make life beautiful. She is always the beginning, and she is how things begin. So why not make her feel like a queen!
This post has already been read 744 times!