Contributed by – Aanchal Gaur, Nutritionist
We work day in and day out every day to make our lives easy. In the process, we often get stressed, tired and sometimes sick. To get rid of this tension we take a break from the routine and either rest at home or leave for a vacation to detox our mind and soul.
Similarly, we need to detox our bodies from the toxins that we have put it because of our unhealthy diet. Just like stress makes us inefficient in our everyday task, these toxins too reduce the efficiency of the organs, thereby, gradually making us unhealthy and prone to diseases.
Detox has become the new trend. It is the easiest and the healthiest way to flush out the toxins from our body. There are endless recipes available that can help you in your detox mission which makes it really overwhelming to figure out the best ones for you. Though none of the detox ingredients are harmful but, in case you are allergic, doctor’s consultation is the best.
Here, we have an extremely simple vegetable detox recipe for you that will help you get rid of toxins from your body. It is easy to make and all the ingredients are easily available. Before we dive into the recipe, let us first learn the goodness of all the required ingredients.
- It has anti-cancer effects.
- It has beta-carotene which may reduce the risk of lung cancer and colon cancer.
- It is also effective in killing leukemia cells.
- It is a rich source of Vitamin A which prevents you from eye diseases.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties which can relieve Arthritis pain.
- It can help in managing blood-glucose levels in the body.
- It can ease hypotension and abnormal heart rate.
- It helps in reducing symptoms of menopause.
- It has Vitamin K which plays a role in blood clotting and healing wounds.
- Due to its low-calorie content, it is good for those who are aiming to lose weight.
- It is rich in fiber which makes it beneficial for people with digestive issues.
- It also maintains sugar and cholesterol level in the body.
- It is high in antioxidants which are helpful in destroying cancer-causing cells.
- It is beneficial for both Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes.
- It has fiber, potassium and Vitamin C that promotes heart health.
- It boosts immunity.
- It is a rich source of various Vitamins, Minerals and Fibre.
- Bioactive compounds may protect against various types of cancer.
- It helps in lowering blood sugar level thereby helps in controlling diabetes.
- Fiber and antioxidant content support healthy bowel function.
- It has low-calorie content.
- It is rich in Vitamin C, B6 and Manganese.
- It can prevent and is beneficial in illnesses like common cold and flu.
- It can improve blood pressure.
- It reduces bad cholesterol levels.
- It can prevent the recurrence of breast cancer.
- It is beneficial for patients with Type 2 Diabetes.
- It may also help relieve symptoms of menopause.
- 25 gms of diagonally cut & blanched Carrot
- 25 gms of diagonally cut & blanched Capsicum
- 25 gms of diagonally cut & blanched French beans
- 15 gms of Mushroom
- 15 gms of thin cut Broccoli
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped Garlic
- 15 gms of Tofu Paneer
- Brush of Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan; add garlic and sauté on high flame for 30 seconds.
- Add mushroom and sauté on medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add other vegetables, salt and black pepper. Sauté on high flame for 1 minute at least.
- Serve immediately.
Stay tuned for more such refreshing and easy Detox recipes.
This post has already been read 315 times!