Contributed by- Saumya Shatakshi, Senior Nutritionist
You get physically tired. Don’t you? You finish all your projects before the deadline. You manage your family and take care of their well being. You take some out of your busy schedule and hang out with your friends. In the hustle of taking care of all those around you, you might feel physically exhausted. And what do you do in that case? You rest. You relax at your home or you may plan a vacation to your favorite hill station that will help you to calm yourself.
But have you ever given a thought that your body needs this relaxation internally? It needs a break from all the unhealthy food that you have been loading yourself with. Everybody loves pasta and how delicious pakoras accompanied by chai are during rainy days. However, the fact that these foods are only causing us damage rarely crosses our mind.
To help our body relax internally, all that is required is Detox. Detox has proven benefits on our body. It helps our body to heal and overcome all the damages that we have done to it by stuffing unhealthy food. Detoxification helps in getting rid of the toxins from the body as the body throws them out through physiological processes. Following a detox routine will only add to your health.
A notable point about toxins here is that they are not just in unhealthy food. We are surrounded by toxins all the time. Pollution has increased the level of toxins in the air that we breathe in. Pesticides have polluted our food up to certain levels. Artificial food ingredients are equally harmful. Thus, a Detox routine becomes all the more important.
Today, let us look at a simple yet healthy Detox Recipe that will make you a healthier and happier version of you. But before we dive into that here are the benefits of the ingredients required so that you can have a better idea of its health benefits.
- They are rich in various nutrients, antioxidants and fiber.
- It can help you lower your appetite.
- It provides safety against colon cancer.
- Low calorie and high nutrient and fiber content make banana ideal for weight loss.
- They are beneficial in relieving occasional constipation.
- Having dates before high-intensity activity will ensure that you have enough energy to complete the task.
- Dates help in reducing bad cholesterol and improving good cholesterol.
- Sodium content in low and potassium content is low in dates which help control blood pressure.
- They have a high quantity of monounsaturated fats, protein, fiber and various other nutrients.
- It protects cells from oxidative damage, thus slowing down the aging process.
- They are considered the richest source of Vitamin E.
- They can also help in controlling blood sugar levels.
- They are antioxidant sources which help in fighting oxidative damage.
- Omega 3 fat content in walnuts helps reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- They can help in the reduction of certain types of cancer.
- They are also beneficial in controlling appetite.
A date with Bananas – Recipe
- Ripe Bananas – 1
- Dates – 4-5
- Almond Milk – 1 glass
- Chopped Walnuts – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Almonds – 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder – a pinch
- Mixed seeds (Chia, Flaxseeds, Sunflower, Watermelon)- 1 tsp
Blend all ingredients together and refrigerate for a few hours. Serve cold.
Banana shake is a perfect energy drink for breakfast. It can also be used as a post-workout snack. Add it into your diet and enjoy its taste and health benefits.
(We share Detox recipes every week. Stay tuned for more!)
This post has already been read 1549 times!