Contributed by- Saumya Shatakshi, Senior Nutritionist
During exams, did your Grandma too advise you to add more healthy food into your diet? Whenever you are overworked, did your mom too made you eat all those leafy veggies that you hate? Well, our moms and grandmoms are doing so just so that we can cope with stress and concentrate on our work better.
Now, are you wondering how leafy vegetable that you hate will help you perform better and not your favorite pasta that has the ability to boost your mood instantly? That is because a healthy diet has all the nutrients that help your body to function better. They not only make you physically fit but they also make you mentally fit. Science has proved how a balanced diet can help in boosting your mood, increasing your productivity and learning abilities.
Junk food can make you happy for a short time but in the long run, it will only have a negative impact on your body. Because such food does not provide any nutrients, they can cause deficiencies which can lead to obesity, fatigue and depression. All of this will only make you physically and mentally ill.
People often complain about how healthy food is boring and tasteless. Wouldn’t it be better if there were easy recipes that just don’t look great but also tastes delicious? We are bringing your detox recipes every week that are extremely easy to make. All the ingredients are readily available. With the help of detox recipes, you can flush out the toxins from your body and add all the goodness of all the healthy food that you will be eating this way.
Today we have the recipe of Rainbow Salad. Let us first talk about the ingredients and their benefits.
- It has rich nutrient content and is high in fiber.
- It can help reduce cholesterol, blood sugar and weight.
- It helps in keeping bone healthy and prevents osteoporosis.
- It prevents atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease.
- It slows down the aging process of the skin.
- Tomato is low in calories, thus good of weight loss.
- Vitamin C and antioxidants help in the prevention of cancer.
- Tomato prevents eye damage.
- They also help in hydrating the body and promote bowel movements.
- It is rich in antioxidant and helps in protection against cell damage.
- Strawberries are rich in Vitamin C and can support immune system health.
- It is an ideal food to protect any heart-related ailments.
- It can also help in the regulation of blood sugar levels.
- Spinach contains antioxidants which lower blood glucose levels.
- High intake of spinach reduces the chances of cancer.
- Vitamin K in spinach improves bone health.
- It is good for skin and hair because of its Vitamin A content.
- It is low in calories and rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Antioxidant in cabbage can reduce inflammation.
- It is a rich source of Vitamin C.
- It maintains a healthy digestive system.
- It has anti-cancer effects.
- It has beta-carotene which may reduce the risk of lung cancer and colon cancer.
- It is also effective in killing leukemia cells.
- It is a rich source of Vitamin A which prevents you from eye diseases.
- It helps in the production of red blood cells.
- It provides energy for a longer duration of time.
- Eating corns helps in gaining healthy weight.
- It is good of both the mother and the baby during pregnancy.
Bell pepper julienne
- It has anti-inflammatory properties which can relieve Arthritis
- It can help in managing blood-glucose levels in the body.
- It can ease hypotension and abnormal heart rate.
- It helps in reducing symptoms of menopause.
- It helps to increase digestion.
- It is a rich source of iron.
- It can improve control over blood sugar.
- It may control blood cholesterol.
- It is a good source of protein.
- It is good for patients with high blood pressure.
- It is a rich source of calcium.
- It has low-fat content.
- It can help fight against cancer.
- It controls bad cholesterol.
- It is a source of Vitamin K.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- 1/ 2 Quinoa / Sabudana, cooked
- 1/2 cup baby tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup purple cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- ½ cup corns, boiled
- 1/4 cup bell pepper julienne (red or yellow) – To be blended together for Hung Curd Dressing
- 1/2 tsp roasted and crushed cumin seeds
- Olive oil, 2-3 drops
- 1 cup hung curd
- Chopped coriander for garnishing
- Salt and freshly grounded black pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and toss well.
- Dress it up with the hung curd dressing.
- Serve immediately.
(Find more detox recipes here!)
This post has already been read 525 times!