Foods to increase your sexual powers - HEALTHIANS BLOG

Foods to increase your sexual powers

Food to sex
Contributed by- Saumya Shatakshi, Senior Nutritionist

A healthy diet can do wonders for you and your body. There are proven health benefits of it but not many people know that adding a few key foods can boost libido. We have compiled a list of few foods that will not only give you its nutritional benefits but will also boost your libido and help you get excited.



Berries for good sex


Be it strawberries, blackberries or blueberries, each is a tried and tested libido booster. Apart from the rich color appeal of strawberries, they are a source of Vitamin C; a potential libido booster and Vitamin B that helps prevent birth defects. On the other hand, blackberries and blueberries are phytochemical-rich food that adds to a person’s libido and sexual endurance. Pop in a handful a day to keep bedroom boredom at bay.



Although watermelon is 92% water, the rest 8% is loaded with vital nutrients for sexual health. The calming effect of watermelon relaxes the blood vessels, thus improving blood flow to the sex organs in both males and females. They are rich in a phytonutrient called Citrulline that is responsible for the effect.



Saffron is a natural aphrodisiac that enhances sex drive and performance in both genders. Considered one of the most expensive spices in the world, it contains a compound called crocetin that increases sexual desires by triggering the arousal hormone in the brain. Saffron contains the chemical picrocrocin that makes one’s body more sensitive to the touch.



Pumpkin seeds for good sex

Pumpkin seeds

Pumpkin seeds are a great source of zinc that boosts testosterone. They also contain the necessary monounsaturated fats with which the body creates cholesterol. Sex hormones need cholesterol to work properly.



Bananas are a natural source of potassium. Potassium is a vital nutrient that enhances muscle contraction, important for good quality sex. Also, bananas are rich in bromelain, responsible to produce testosterone. Studies have proven that women with higher sex drives have higher testosterone.



Salmon is a known natural source of omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA. This further helps to raise dopamine levels in the brain that triggers arousal. Omega-3 also boosts the production of dopamine, an important chemical in the brain that triggers a person’s pleasure quotient.



garlic for good sex


The everyday used super-food garlic is rich in allicin that promotes blood flow to sexual organs in both men and women. Raw garlic dipped in honey overnight can do wonders but eat in moderation as the smell can be overbearing for some.


Dark chocolate

Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants, so it is a yummy way to get more of it. Antioxidants reduce signs of aging and enhance sexual pleasure. All this comes with a smell and flavor that is closely associated with pleasure and satisfaction.



Leafy green vegetables, like spinach, contain lots of folic acids, which can help increase fertility and boost your libido. Spinach can be added to a diet in a lot of ways.



Cloves for good sex


In India, cloves have been used to treat male sexual dysfunction for centuries. If eaten regularly, it results in an increase in sexual activity. Also, the smell of clove helps to fight a bad breathe that further makes interaction more pleasurable. Clove taken with cumin and cinnamon is the most recommended, tasty, multifaceted aphrodisiac.



No matter how you make them – poached, scrambled, fried, deviled, eggs are high in protein, which is a source of stamina. Eggs are a trusted source of an amino acid L-arginine, which has been shown effective in treating erectile dysfunction.


Check the functioning of your vital parameters with this health test 

This post has already been read 2903 times!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Talk to our Health Advisor