Contributed by- Aanchal Gaur, Nutritionist
You are as good as your health! And what better way to stay healthy than having a healthy breakfast.
The healthy breakfast tales has been an integral part of all our lives and not should we preach it but practice it as well. Breakfast is the king of all meals and you should make sure to eat it like one. Skipping breakfast is the worst idea as it can cause significant long term side-effect on health. Hence, it is not only important to have breakfast but also make sure to have a healthy and wholesome breakfast meal.
Morning is undoubtedly the busiest time of the day, with getting the kids ready and reaching work on the time, healthy breakfast can seem like a luxury. But, it does not have to be this way. Breakfast recipes can be quick, fun and healthy at the same time. We bring you an amazing breakfast recipe to kick-start your day with healthy deliciousness.
Multigrain And Flaxseed Chilla With Tomato Chutney
Chilla is a all time favourite breakfast in all our homes. From being quick and tasty, chilla is wrapped with health. The multigrain flaxseed chilla recipe gives a refreshing healthy twist on the traditional chilla, served with the tangy goodness of tomato chutney. This dish will not only enhance your health but will also add healthy colours on your breakfast plate and start your day on a healthy note.
The Recipe For Multigrain Flaxseed Chilla
- 1/4 cup of green moong dal (split green gram)
- 1/4 cup of yellow moong dal (split yellow dal)
- 1 & 1/2 spoon of urad dal (black split lentils)
- 1 table spoon of raggi flour
- 1 tsp of green chilli paste
- 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder
- 1 and half tsp of spoon flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp of ginger paste
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp of asafoetida (hing)
- 2 table spoon of finely chopped coriander leaf (dhania)
- Salt as per your taste
- 2 tsp of cooking oil
Now follow the following steps to make the awesome chilla.
- Soak green moong dal, yellow moong dal and urad dal in a bowl with enough water
- Cover them and keep aside for 2 hours
- Drain the excess water and wash the dal properly once with clean water
- Combine the soaked and drained dals along with 3/4 cup of water and blend till smooth
- Transfer the mixture in a bowl and add the all the other ingredients and mix well
- Heat a non stick pan(tava) and grease the pan with oil/butter properly
- Spread the mixture evenly to make a thin circle on the pan
- Cook using 1/4 tsp of oil/butter till it turns golden brown colour on the both sides
- Serve hot with tomato, ginger, garlic chutney
This chilla is a reservoir of healthiness. Some of the health benefits are listed below:
- Moong dal in the chilla is a source of protein and low carbs. As a naturally low in glycemic index, moong beans supports healthy glucose and fat levels in the blood
- Raggi another nutritious ingredient in the chilla is a rich source of fiber and helps lower cholesterol, control diabetes, blood pressure. Raggi is also rich in calcium, protein, iron and many other nutrients which makes it a perfect choice for chilly winter mornings
- Flax-seeds as we all know is a great source of omega 3 fatty acids (good fats) and is also rich in fiber. It has antioxidant qualities and helps balance pH level and oil production in the body. Flaxseeds also contain vitamin E which helps hair growth and also aids in digestion. Flaxseed is well-known for its heart healthy benefits. It also helps in diabetes control. So, donot think twice before sprinkling the flaxseed goodness in your chilla
Recipe For Tomato Chutney
Tomato chutney is great side dish that perfectly compliments the multigrain chilla. Loaded with tangy goodness of tomatoes and freshness of mint and coriander leaves, this chutney is an explosion of taste and health. The recipe for this zesty chutney is given below.
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 cubes of garlic
- Small piece of ginger
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- Salt as per taste
- Wash all the ingredients properly with fresh water
- Chop all the ingredients into small pieces
- Put all the ingredients in a blender, add salt as per you taste and give it a nice mix
- Garnish with mint leaves and your chutney is ready to serve
The tomato chutney is not just a complimentary side- dish but a storehouse to healthy ingredients. The healthy benefits are an excuse to love this chutney even more.
- Tomatoes are full of antioxidants that makes it a heart healthy food. It is also full of vitamins and fiber, tomatoes aids digestion and is also great for the skin. Lycopene content in tomatoes makes them good for the eyes. It also helps mange diabetes and protect against cancer
- Garlic another super ingredient of this chutney is a powerhouse of health. It helps combat cold and control blood pressure level. It also helps in managing the cholesterol level and lower the risk of heart problems. It is full of antioxidant and also protects the organs against damage
- Ginger has amazing anti-inflammatory properties and helps treat sore throat, nausea, helps reduce muscle pain and soreness. It is highly recommended for people suffering from arthritis and joint pains. It also lowers sugar levels and is good for heart, helps with menstrual pain and treats indigestion
- Coriander is not just a garnishing ingredient but is also full of nutrient benefits. It helps with digestion, lowers bad cholesterol and is good for diabetics. It has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, it’s antiseptic properties helps treat mouth ulcers and also stimulates memory
- Mint leaves, another ingredient which is incredibly nutritious and full of freshness. It helps with asthma as it clears congestion and also has anti-inflammatory properties. It fresh aroma helps cure headaches and freshens your breath. It is great for the skin, beats stress and helps in weight loss
It is that easy to include such great healthy benefits in your day. So, start your day with a healthy bang with this incredibly nutritious and tasty dish.
This post has already been read 2735 times!