Picture this. You have started your fitness journey. You have started to take fitness matters and your health in your own hands. You exercise for 20 minutes on day 1 and day 2. On day 3, you go for 30 minutes. It goes on like this for another 15 days. On the 16th day, you don’t feel like working out, so you skip it. The rest is history, you don’t pick up where you left off. 

What can you do after all? You have lost all motivation to work out. The workout bores you and you somehow feel like it has become more of an obligation. 

So, have you seen this film before? If you have, trust us, you’re not alone. One of the greatest challenges ever is to stay motivated – whether it is to reach your fitness goals or work your 9 to 5 jobs. 

But when it comes to fitness goals, you know you have to find that lost motivation if you are to accomplish what you dreamed of. So, where do you find that motivation? 


How? Read along to find out. 

Picture your goals 

Why did you begin the workout routine in the first place? Was it to fit back in your denims, is there a specific occasion you’re trying to lose weight? Or are you struggling with poor physical health? Whatever your reasons are, you need to picture your goals to keep going. 

Losing motivation is a part of the process. However, it shouldn’t be the end of it. The best way to keep going is to imagine why you are here and why you started in the first place. If you skip a workout today, it won’t be the end of the world, but it will affect the consistency which is vital to see the results you’re hoping to achieve. 

So, if you are procrastinating today’s workout, here’s a reminder

This is not what you signed up for. If you want to achieve your fitness goals, then today’s workout certainly count

Develop the “If I can, I will” attitude 

As we said before, the real battle is to fight procrastination. Now it is understandable that you are skipping your workout if you had a last-minute change in schedule, or you are sick. But when you can’t give yourself a good reason as to why you are skipping it, tell yourself that you have to do it. 

And if it’s the last-minute change in schedule, it’s best to do your workouts in the morning. Why? For starters, you will be done and dusted, much more energetic, and last-minute obligations will not affect your fitness journey. However, what you may have to give up is an hour of sleep (no pain, no gain, right?) 

You need to fight the battle between temptations and health 

Following a workout routine religiously matters just 30%, the rest 70% depends on your nutrition. So, if your tastebuds are tempted to order pizza. 

You may tell yourself that it is important to be happy in life, and that pizza means happiness, just know happiness comes from your dreams, ambitions, the people around you and from within you. 

Now, it’s not sustainable to boycott the food you love. However, what you can do is portion control.  Remember, a little goes a long way. 

Keep changing your workouts

How are you not going to get bored when you’re going to do the same workout again and again? It’s natural. 

So, make sure you spice up your workouts to make them interesting and fun. If your workouts are interesting, you will most likely stick to your fitness journey, not stop in between. 

Keep a mix of HIIT, strength training, aerobics, Zumba and yoga to get the best of all worlds. 

Find a fitness friend

Well, it may not always be on the cards. But if it is, it’s no less than an icing on the cake. Finding a fitness buddy can do wonders for your motivation. You’re more likely to hit the gym or complete a home workout if it is with a friend. 

However, you must ensure that you do not depend on them completely. You should stick to your routine even if they bail on you. 

Measure your progress

Keeping track of your progress keeps you motivated. So, you’ll be inspired to continue after seeing that you are making progress. However, while you are at it, don’t just depend on the scale. Use a measuring tape, and see how your clothes fit you now. 

Closing thoughts 

Maintaining motivation in your fitness journey is not a one-size-fits-all endeavour; it’s a personal and ongoing process. By setting clear goals, finding the activities you enjoy, seeking support from friends or professionals, and tracking your progress, you can build a strong foundation for lasting motivation. Remember that setbacks are a part of the journey, but with determination and a positive mindset, you can overcome them and continue moving forward. Your fitness journey is not just about physical transformation; it’s also a path to greater health, happiness, and self-discovery. So, stay committed, stay inspired, and embrace the power of perseverance on your road to a healthier, happier you.

Book Your Full Body Health Checkup Today