Contributed by- Aanchal Gaur, Nutritionist
In the winter months who does not crave for hot and tasty food. But wouldn’t it be better if these foods provide all the health benefits that the body needs to stay fit and to beat the chills. There are a lot of best recipes for health out there but here we have come up with some nutritious cheela recipes that will do the job. It will help you stay warm and healthy and will at the same time sooth your taste buds.
The main focus of this recipe is Moong Dal, Ragi, and Flax-seeds. All of these have some amazing nutritious value and will provide you with all the benefits of eating healthy. Let us discuss them in detail below.
- Moon dal is a rich source of protein and low carbs.
- It is naturally low in glycemic index.
- Mong dal beans support healthy glucose and fat levels in the body.
- Moong dal can be added in the diet in many ways. Making sprouts, simple dal, khichdi and cheela are some easy ways.
- Ragi is loaded with fiber.
- It helps in lowering cholesterol.
- Diabetes can be managed by adding ragi in diet.
- Ragi helps in managing blood pressure.
- It is a rich source of calcium, protein, iron and many other nutritional benefits.
- Ragi can be very beneficial to beat the winter chills and thus must be added in winter diet.
- It is a good source of omega 3 fatty acids which are good fats.
- It has antioxidant qualities.
- pH levels and oil production can be managed with them.
- Vitamin E found in flax seeds boasts the hair growth.
- These are very beneficial for a healthy heart.
- Diabetic patients can inculcate flax seeds in their diet as it will help them to manage sugar level.
- Flax seeds help is maintain a healthy digestive system.
Here is a recipe of cheela made with Moong Dal, Ragi and Flax seeds which you can easily cook at home and enjoy in this cold season.
- 1/4 cup Green Moong Dal (Split Green Gram)
- 1/4 cup Yellow Moong Dal (Split Yellow Dal)
- 1/2 tablespoon Urad Dal (Black Split Lentils)
- 1 tablespoon Ragi flour
- 1 tsp of green chili paste
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp spoon Flax Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Ginger paste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped Coriander Leaf (Dhania)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil for cooking
- Mix Green Moong Dal, Yellow Moong Dal, and urad dal
- Soak the mixture in water and keep aside for 2 hours
- Drain them well and add ¾ cup of water to it
- Blend it into a smooth paste
- Transfer the paste into a bowl and add all the other ingredients listed above
- Heat a non-stick pan and spread some butter or oil
- Spread some amount of mixture onto the pan evenly in a thin circular layer
- Cook using ¼ tsp of oil or butter until it turns golden brown in color from both the sides
- Serve immediately with tomato and ginger-garlic chutney
This post has already been read 1121 times!